Wednesday, September 8, 2004

My Favorite Goofy Movies

I was surprised at the response to my School of Rock review. It seems that everyone has a favorite dumb comedy. Except I can't really call them dumb because I almost didn't mention some of these (like Mars Attack) because I thought they were too smart to include (that's right, too smart, which tells you how I justify it!). So I'm going to call them goofy comedies. These movies are the ones that get you a funny look or that you have to explain when you mention them. Some are classics but that doesn't make them any less goofy. Here, in the order that they sprang to mind, is my list of favorite goofy movies:
  • School of Rock

  • The Blues Brothers

  • Young Frankenstein

  • Mars Attack

  • My Blue Heaven

  • This is Spinal Tap

  • Waiting for Guffman

  • Beetlejuice

  • Caddy Shack

  • Shanghai Noon

  • Ghostbusters

  • The Princess Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment