Tuesday, December 6, 2005

In Search of Ecumenism

John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.” Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us.”
For those of my nonCatholic buddies who would like to know a little bit more about the Catholic Church, here is a post written by a Protestant ... the Internet Monk. He first came to my attention soon after the death of Pope John Paul II when, regrettably, some were using that event as an opportunity to attack Catholics for their faith.

After writing this article he, himself, came under a great deal of attack and I've always appreciated his ability to take the big picture instead of nitpicking to death about disagreements in theology, the way some do. I especially applaud his recommendation to read the Catechism to discover what Catholics really believe (which is something that we Catholics should do more ourselves, by the way).

I also recommend this article for Catholics who want to find common ground with Protestants.

No comments:

Post a Comment