Friday, May 26, 2006

Because I'm a Risk Taker ...

... I'm going to talk about this podcast ... Daily Breakfast with Father Roderick.

I don't have time to listen every day but will "tune in " at least once a week and more often if I can. Father Roderick is a Dutch priest who has a wonderful command of English, American-style. In fact, his English is so good that on the few occasions when he mispronounces something it is quite a surprise to me.

Here's the main thing about Father Roderick though ... the guy is so darned cheerful and nice. Now, I realize that is the same thing that people say about me so you know I already feel a bond with him. You only have to listen to the time he was under suspicion by the airport security guards because of his podcasting. Yes he sounded a little exasperated. But he was still much nicer than I would have been. Certainly there would have been a bad word or two slipping around if I'd have been in that situation. But no, he treated it like a high adventure.

As if that weren't enough, he loves pop culture. I mean, he loves it! Battlestar Galactica, The Simpsons, movies, science fiction ... so how can I not go for that? Right down my alley.

Then we have his extreme love and enthusiasm for the Church. Ok, 'nuff said.

It's like lookin' in a mirror, y'all. Except that the poor guy isn't from Texas. But, hey, nobody's perfect!

Now, you may be wondering, what does this post have to do with risk taking? Well, I noticed some hits coming through from an unfamiliar source and tracked it down. Lo and behold, Happy Catholic evidently has been featured on Daily Breakfast.

You could have knocked me over with a feather.

So I'm downloading that episode and don't know whether he said something good or ... not. I'm really not taking that much of a risk. Like I said. He's a nice guy.

Seriously, give him a try. If daily is too much for you too then check out Catholic Insider. Because one podcast just isn't enough for him (overachiever!) although that one isn't daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment