Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hot on the Trail of Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.
NAB, Malachi 1:11
Who knew that Malachi 1:11 was so popular? Not me, considering I never heard of it until I went to see where one of the new pieces of the liturgical translation might originate.

However, I inadvertently hit upon a favorite of the early Church Fathers and that leads us to ... Way of the Fathers, where else?

You'd think it would end there with Mike Aquilina's interesting observations, but no. He, in turn, influenced biblicalia who is now busy translating Malachi.

I'm almost afraid to see if the trail goes anywhere else ... eventually I'm not going to be able to keep up with all this high-level thinking! Do go check those blogs out though.

No comments:

Post a Comment