Monday, December 18, 2006

Speak to me, Lord, and help me to listen.

I must have repeated this a hundred times. I close my eyes, I open them to try to focus on the Lord by looking at Him, I close them again. Spontaneously, I pray: Have mercy on me, Lord. Instantly I can feel His presence, and I know that was the right thing to ask Him. I know all that’s between us is what I’ve put there.
Brad takes us into Adoration with him. His depiction is the truest to my own sort of experience coupled with insights I really appreciate him opening up and sharing. "I know all that’s between us is what I’ve put there." No matter what separates us, isn't that the honest to goodness truth? Do go read. It is a lovely echo of a holy time.

Just having returned from Confession I saw in his prayer "Speak to me, Lord, and help me to listen" an echo of my prayer for the Holy Spirit to speak through my confessor ... and to give me the wit to recognize it. You know that He did. Just when I thought I was telling what I was doing to work out of my problem, the priest said, "You know what the next step is ..." And danged if he wasn't right.

(And may God bless our priest for arranging to have three priests available in the confessionals for 1 or 2 hours each day all week).

No comments:

Post a Comment