Thursday, January 11, 2007

Apple may have the sexy iPhone, but Google has Neil Gaiman’s son.

Via my husband who watches a different part of the blogosphere, as one of the uber-geeky Internet groupies who follow Matt Cutts. No wonder because Cutts is cool enough to really understand Neil Gaiman. (Not that I liked either the Sandman series or Stardust ... but do read Neverwhere and Good Omens which are two of my favorite books. I also would throw American Gods in there).
And if you don’t know who Neil Gaiman is, then I feel sorry for you. But also happy, because you get to read Neil Gaiman for the first time:
- Start with the Sandman series of graphic novels.
- Then get dark and eerie with Neverwhere if you want to know the real secrets of London. Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar are two of the most delightful villains I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
- Lighten up with the hilarious Good Omens, which Gaiman wrote with Terry Pratchett.
- Round it out with Stardust, which wins my award for “Best use of the word ‘f***‘ in small print, exactly once, in a book.” You’ll have to read it to understand.
On the other hand if you are asking who Matt Cutts is ... he is currently the head of the Google's Webspam team. Yes, that calls for uber-geekdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment