Saturday, March 8, 2008

'Tis the Season for Conversion Stories ...

... or so it would seem to me. As we come closer to the Easter Vigil when the catachumens will be confirmed in the Catholic Church, after those long months of preparation in RCIA, we begin to see their stories popping up here and there.

Here is a bit of Heather's story, posted by Sarah. Go check out the whole post and then demand part 2 (not that it's all about what I want to read or anything ...)
When Sarah and Prince Charming invited us to their second daughter’s baptism, we were happy to attend, and with my camera in hand, I was seeing the Mass unfold in a whole new way. Maybe it was that camera being like another set of eyes with which to see the Mass, or maybe it was the sheer emotion of the baptism (babies…oooh how sweet), but something moved in me that day…The same “thing” that had been there when I went to Mass with Carrie and the same “thing” that I felt when I went to Mass with my Knight so early in our relationship. That “thing,” I came to discover was none other than the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment