Thursday, June 26, 2008

It Started Here. Let It End Here. ... And the Closing of the Aaron Women's Health Center.

First of all, there will be a Mass of Thanksgiving on Saturday, June 28, for the closing of the Aaron Women's Health center.
A Mass of Thanksgiving and Prayer Service for the closing of Aaron’s will be celebrated by Rev. Msgr. Mark Seitz at 8:00 am on Saturday, June 28, at St. Rita Catholic Church, located at 12521 Inwood Rd., Dallas. St. Rita was the location of the opening Mass and kickoff rally for the 40 Days Vigil held in 2004-05. Following Mass we will take buses to Aaron’s for a closing prayer service and then return to St. Rita Sweeney Hall for a reception. All are invited to attend.
Laura has some more on this as she is a sidewalk counselor (or maybe finishing up her training) and has the scoop.

Secondly, Leticia noticed something that I didn't even connect. I quote her post in its entirety but go to her place to comment and see the links.
Last year, I remember Julie at Happy Catholic's post, It started here, let it end here, an initiative of prayer and fasting by Dallas, Texas Catholic bloggers to end abortion. Since Norma McCorvey of Roe v Wade was from Texas, these bloggers took responsibility for the Supreme Court Decision and began a vigil of prayer and sacrifice to end abortion.

This is one of the first fruits of their efforts, and thousands of others whose prayers stormed Heaven to end the killing at this mill. Well done!

NOW let's imitate them in our area.

I live in the abortion capitol of the world, so I have my work cut out for me.

Here's the story.

Our Lady of Victory, pray for us!

Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!
I am just that clueless. It didn't occur to me to connect that clinic's closing with the intention for which we have prayed and fasted for over a year now. (I figure I'm a lifer on the deal anyway ... or until it ends. Either way.)

However, I am not clueless enough to think that our prayers and fasting did more than support the very evident hands-on work of the people willing to go stand on sidewalks outside the clinic while praying or offering help to mothers-to-be.

I am not clueless enough to think that our prayers and fasting did more than add to the swell that is already there from the faithful across the nation and around the world in working to stop the slaughter of babes.

What I am is grateful that Leticia showed me that connection, that what we do in prayer does make a difference ... both for those for whom we pray and for ourselves in our walk with God.

My fasting this month may be the usual combination of willingness and annoyance (I am nothing if not human) but it will certainly have just a bit more awareness that what I am doing will make a difference somehow.

And if anyone else wants a personal way to work for the end to abortion we invite them to join us every first Friday in fasting, praying, and adoration for this cause.

Special thanks to Mark Windsor for conceiving of this effort and enrolling me in it.

Update:
Mark asked that I pass this on - "No thanks to me. All glory to God! His will be done. (And I couldn't be happier!)"

Amen, brothah!

No comments:

Post a Comment