Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Now Here's a Reality Check on Medjugorje ...

Years ago, I asked the eminent Mariologist, the late Dominican Father Frederick Jelly, what he thought of Medjugorje. He said, "I wish people got as excited over the Eucharist."
Ouch!

We've got Jesus Christ, the Son of God, one of the three persons of the Holy Trinity ... body and blood, soul and divinity ... right here with us in person in every Catholic church.

He doesn't get half the wonder and excitement that Medjugorje seems to generate. Let's face it, He doesn't get it even from people who don't worry about visions that much.

We should all do a little reality check perhaps? I am including myself here, believe me.

There's more good stuff where that came from in David Alexander's post, Mary's Birthday, which is where I got that quote. He also recommends the book I like by Fr. Groeschel, A Small, Still Voice. I knew I liked that man with a black hat...

No comments:

Post a Comment