Monday, December 8, 2008

scribble ... scribble ...


Deacon Greg has surprised and honored me with the Superior Scribbler's Award (which saves me the trouble of tapping him for it!). He says, "One of the prettiest and pithiest and most engaging blogs around..." Oh you flatterer! And, of course, I love it!

I see that I am in very high level company ... which just makes this little baby even more precious.

Now, for my pick of five, which several of DG's choices took off my list ... so many excellent writers, so few slots. Ok, here goes ...
  1. Conversion Diary: Musings of a Former Atheist
    Because of her recent religious journey and her continuing contemplation of the changes that her new-found Catholic faith has made in her life overall, Jen is one of the most compelling, honest, and thought provoking bloggers out there. She's a darned fine writer and I never miss one of her posts.

  2. Practicing Catholic
    I met Heather when she bravely showed up for the Roe v. Wade pro-life march last year on the strength of responding to a post I wrote. What a pleasure it was to share that new experience with her and feel that I had come out of it with a new friend as a bonus. Then I read her blog and found her to be a thoughtful writer who is not afraid to bare her soul when necessary. Another one I never miss.

  3. The Silver Key
    Brian Murphy discusses books, movies, and much more. I'll just say it like this. The guy reviewed an audiobook of Beowulf in such a way that I now can't wait to get my hands on one. Beowulf! I ask you! So, yes, he's a compelling writer who opens your eyes to hitherto unknown realms.

  4. Good News Film Reviews
    I know that I must sound like a broken record sending you to Scott's reviews but, seriously, people! He can deliver an entire review in one pithy sentence as witness this for Encounters at the End of the World.

    If you're really into listening to the unintentionally laughable musings of a wealthy, over-hyped German over mostly boring footage of his trip to Antarctica, you're in luck.

    When that's just the beginning, then you know you're on to a good deal.

  5. The Mad Tea Party
    March Hare has the knack of reviewing movies and books both intelligently and with an eye to Catholic sensibilities. She doesn't strain at a gnat while being faithful (which is a big plus to me). Even more important, she isn't afraid to speak up for something she sees has value even when the majority rule, whether secular or Catholic, might be bashing it as a knee-jerk reaction to "what everyone knows." In short, she has a brain and isn't afraid to use it.
Ok, now the mandatory posting of the rules:
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List (scroll down). That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment