Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well, I'll Be Gobsmacked*! Happy Catholic is a 2008 Weblog Awards Finalist!


I'm ... stunned. Also, of course, over the moon. (Just to keep the British slang trend going ... consistency, always consistency!)

I see that I am in exalted company ... Conversion Diary, Standing on My Head, and What Does the Prayer Really Say are the excellent Catholic blogs I know from that list. I am looking forward to exploring the others when the links are up.

As well, I saw The Anchoress's name float by under Best Individual Blogger. And well deserved, too!

Voting is scheduled to begin on January 5, 2009. Rest assured I will keep you informed.

I am sure that I am going to have to pull out the "kiss the egg" campaign for this one ... this little bobsled don't stand a chance. Also, I realize that for a lot of people that is the best part of any awards competition around here!

(And if you don't know what that means
then hie thee to a rental store and catch up on Cool Runnings)

* Much thanks to Brandywine Books for reminding me of the fantastic word gobsmacked. The term "gobsmacked" is a British one, referring to the experience of being so surprised by the unexpected that you feel as if you've been slapped in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment