Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do People Still Cook? Michael Pollan's Answer Raises Hackles But I Think He is Right.

Just for a break from the usual controversial subjects that may be broached around here, let's take a look at the latest food world controversy. The upcoming movie Julie & Julia there has been an anticipatory swell of writing. I, personally, am looking forward to seeing Meryl Streep's take on Julia Child which is supposed to be really wonderful.

However, it prompted food writer and activist Michael Pollan to write a long, thoughtful article for the NY Times which has garnered some surprising response. Naturally, I have my own take on it as it dovetailed in with a conversation I had during the Beyond Cana retreat. Those who are interested will find it here at Meanwhile, Back in the Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment