Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend Joke

I've run this before, at least some incarnation of it, but it always makes me laugh so here we go again!
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

Border Collie: Just one. Then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

Rottweiler: Make me!

Lab: Oh, me, me! Pleeease let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh? Huh?

Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

Malamute: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls.

Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

Mastiff: Do it yourself! I'm not afraid of the dark...

Doberman: While it's out, I'll just take a nap on the couch.

Boxer: Who needs light? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

Pointer: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!

Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

Old English Sheep dog: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?

Basset Hound: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Westie: Dogs do not change light bulbs -- people change light bulbs. I am not one of THEM so the question is, how long before I can expect my light again?

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned-out bulb?
The Boxer answer is exactly the reason we often have to get up in the night and grope around to remove a much loved toy. While the dog joyously bounces around, "We're gonna play now? Yay!"

On the other hand, we have learned to sleep through rawhide chewing noises tolerably well.

2 comments:

  1. I love boxers, but they have way too much energy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've always wound up with one Boxer and one other breed (first a Chow Chow ... the nicest on the planet ... then with a Black Lab/Great Dane Mix).

    We thought we'd like our Boxers to be able to play "right" which no other breed seemed to understand. So then we went "double Boxer." It is tons of fun but if we have a house left in one piece afterward remains to be seen. Thank heavens one of them is uncharacteristically laid back (for a Boxer, that is). :-D

    ReplyDelete