Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You know you're from Texas when ...

... a new sidebar feature. Because I realized that I am actually living the statements about hot weather.

Now that it's routinely over 100 degrees.

Routinely meaning: every. single. day.

106 yesterday ... so I'm just sayin' that I now have hit that time of year when I put ice cubes in the "cold" tap water I am using to wash lettuce. Because we don't want it to wilt, do we? Otherwise, it would. Oh, it would.

Of course, there is more to being from Texas than that. But you will all understand why I'm relating to the hot weather stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those Texas summers (grew up near Amarillo). Liquid asphalt, car seats that scorch your legs (even the fabric ones), being unable to go down any metal slide at the playground...

    Don't miss that at ALL.

    What I do miss about Texas summers: horny toads. I love those little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living a Texas summer right now. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete