Monday, October 4, 2010

Aliens in This World Reviews Secretariat: "Ahead of the Pack"

You don't have to just take my word for it that Secretariat is a really good movie. Aliens in This World, where you can count on a thoroughly realistic point of view has a review with which I agree completely. Yes. You don't see that every day, do you? I'll say it again. Completely.

Here's a bit and then go read it all at Aliens in This World.
I really enjoyed this movie, and it was exactly what I needed. It had heart, humor, drama, factual interest, and it even let me travel back in time to the Seventies for a bit (without too much of the bad stuff). Family was very important, and they played with that theme in various interesting ways. There was a surprisingly topical theme of maintaining American unity despite deep political disagreements (though it wasn’t shoved down anybody’s throat either way). It was maybe not a great movie for all time, but it was solidly enjoyable and interesting. It also came out and said some good things about horse thinking, which a lot of horse movies are too sappy to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment