Monday, October 4, 2010

All the E-Mail That's Fit to Blog: The "Interesting Sites" Edition

Planet Catholic
Caitlin tells us:
I'm creating an aggregator site, Planet Catholic, for all of the Catholic blogs out there.  Planet Catholic pulls text from the RSS of Catholic blogs and publishes an excerpt from each blog post (the first 250 characters) and then provides a link to the rest of the post. 
The Catholic Guide
Planet Catholic is not Caitlin's only interesting Catholic site:
Also, I've been running a wiki called The Catholic Guide.  The intent is to create an online information database all about the Roman Catholic faith that is built by volunteers.  It has been seeded by articles from the 1913 public domain Catholic Encyclopedia.  We have a few volunteers but the site really needs more exposure to attract volunteers.
Patheos Book Club
This had vaguely caught my eye at one time but The Anchoress sharpens my focus:
Patheos is starting a book club, where we feature Harper One books (and others) and this one, although it's not new, is going to be looked at b/c apparently there will be a PBS series tied in with it, starting October 11.
Evidently next they will be reading God is Not One, which I'll be reading and reviewing ... as soon as my copy gets here. Looking through the various reviews around the interwebs it struck me as a similar take to Huston Smith's Illustrated Religions of the World, which was eye opening when I read it many years ago. I'm curious to see how this compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment