Friday, December 31, 2010

What's Goin' On

I fully intend to continue with the top discoveries lists ... still uncovered are audiobooks, movies, blogs, and ... well ... discoveries in general.

However, I was thrown off yesterday by having coffee with a friend before going in to work. Coffee that lasted 2-1/2 hours. So you can see where that wound up being problematic.

Then, just when we were going to pick up Tom's car which had been refusing to recognize the key when he tried to start it (heaven save us from "smart" cars ... ), we got a panicked call from Rose about the bloody results of a dominance struggle between Zoe and ... someone. We're not sure which dog it was (our guess is Zapp) but Zoe was a sure thing because she's now missing a chunk out of her ear.

You know how much ears bleed. Rose applied paper-towel-pressure while I came home and ferried everyone to the vet for a suture or two.

Then, I returned to work to write a few paychecks, do some minor accounting, and drive Tom to pick up his car. After which, I picked up Zoe from the vet.

So it was a tad busy.

And today we are off work for our New Year's holiday (woohoo!) which means that I'm doing my Saturday chores today. Grocery shopping, cleaning, sweeping up the endless mud ... and all that jazz.

More blogging later, to be sure ... and later today I will share a talented new artist I've discovered who has graciously consented to share his work on the blog so that many more can appreciate it!

Next week, I'll tell you about a new project for 2011 which I think that some of you will get as excited about as I am!

And on that note of mystery, I  will say, "Happy New Year everyone!"

2 comments:

  1. Whew, Julie -- what a way to end the year! Hope your evening is less hectic.

    I wish you health, happiness, peace and joy in the New Year!

    Looking forward to what you have in store for us in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the same to you, dear Tante Leonie! :-)

    ReplyDelete