Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Conversation at the Gates ... or evidence that it is possible to have heart and soul in Hollywood

Sherwood Schwartz, famed 1970's television show producer of Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch, wanted The Hollywood Reporter to publish his farewell letter after he died.

It is an account of what he expects to find when he reaches heaven.

I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes. Gratitude is a rare gift. No wonder I loved his television shows so much.

Go and read.


Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord
And let perpetual light shune upon him
Amen

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this wonderful piece. I had not heard that Sherwood Schwartz had died.

    Hey, I'm in Dallas, now, we should get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Writing isn't a profession, it's a disease."
    That says it all.

    ReplyDelete