Wednesday, February 1, 2012

About Time: "Amid abortion debate, Komen cancer charity halting grants to Planned Parenthood"

The nation’s leading breast-cancer charity, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, is halting its partnerships with Planned Parenthood affiliates — creating a bitter rift, linked to the abortion debate, between two iconic organizations that have assisted millions of women.
Washington Post - get whole story there
Planned Parenthood says it is because Komen is bowing to political pressure. Komen says it is because Planned Parenthood is under investigation.

Either way, I approve.

3 comments:

  1. Blessed be! But I'm afraid it's only temporary. Planned Parenthood won't be under investigation forever and when that is lifted I assume Komen will go back and support them. I hope I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should all donate to Koman and include a note saying we are now supporting them because they no longer support PP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good idea Debbie! I'm going to push that!

    ReplyDelete