Friday, May 19, 2017

33 Years of Wedded Bliss

We can tell what doesn't work in marriages. So often today people ask, "Who will make me happy?" But what we should ask is, "Who will I love so much that I will sacrifice myself to make them happy?"
Father Roch Kereszty

It's our wedding anniversary today and although our lives have their fair share of challenge at the moment, it has done nothing to our marriage but draw us closer together.

That makes all the years of working out how to best love and serve each other worth it. I'm sure we'll look back on this time and find it has done nothing but add to our deep love and respect for each other.

Dear, even-tempered Tom is truly my soul mate. I'm so very lucky that he loves me as much as I love him. He has taught me so much over the years about music, about thinking, about humor, about originality, about kindness and consideration. Not because he actively taught me but just by being around him. That in itself tells you a lot about the sort of person Tom is.

It's wonderful having spent 33 years with someone. You know each other's references (jokes become real one-liners), you understand each other's moods, and it is a deep, restful relationship that is not without delightful times of surprise and passion.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ~Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and best wishes for many more happy anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary - running behind, we'll be 29 in July.
    Still like this one - hope you do also. Oh, and my best "romance night" advice? Light Appetizers and Heavy Champagne :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sHMzkdVAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that in a really long time and I still do love it! That is PERFECT advice ... though we went for a French dinner, heavy on the champagne. :-D

      Delete
  6. +50xp bonus for the Father Roch quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary. A good marriage is the best blessing.

    ReplyDelete