Friday, May 25, 2018

Pope phones woman planning abortion and convinces her to choose life

Before going through with it, though, she decided to write a letter to a special person. She wrote her story down and slipped it in an envelope; the address was simple: “Holy Father Pope Francis, Vatican City, Rome.” She sent the letter without thinking too much about it. Then, a few days later, the phone began to ring.

“I read your letter.”

The number on the screen was unfamiliar, with the prefix of Rome. She answered, and was struck dumb: “Hello Anna, this is Pope Francis. I read your letter. We Christians must never lose our hope. A child is a gift of God, a sign of Providence.”
Read the whole story.

You know, I get frustrated by the news I see surrounding the Pope sometimes. This is the sort of pastoral action that helps me keep proper perspective.

Also this. It helps me to remember that news stories often don't give the whole picture and actions speak louder than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment